… is the german speaking branch of Youth with A Mission (YWAM). We see ourselves as an international movement of young Christians who are called to serve Jesus Christ and to live and proclaim the Gospel of God’s Kingdom with our whole lives. Our mission is to know God and to make Him known. From the beginning in 1960, our main emphasis has been to enable young people to share their faith in Jesus with others. This is done in accordance with His example in both word and deed within the setting of worldwide mission outreaches. Today, youth are still our focus but there are now also people ranging in age between 8-80 years old active in YWAM. These people come from more than 140 nations around the world. In many of our teams, people from different races and nationalities work and live alongside each other.
All of our many ministries can be summurized in three categories: evangelism, training, and mercy ministries. At the moment we are active in 1,100 locations in 180 countries with 18,300 staff members.
The Foundational Values of Youth With A Mission
Youth With A Mission (YWAM) affirms that the Bible is the authoritative word of God and, with the Holy Spirit’s inspiration, the absolute reference point for every aspect of life and ministry. Based upon God’s word, who He is, and His initiative of salvation, the following responses are strongly emphasized in YWAM:
- Worship: We are called to praise and worship God alone
- Holiness: We are called to lead holy and righteous lives that exemplify the nature and character of God
- Witness: We are called to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with those who do not know Him
- Prayer: We are called to engage in intercessory prayer for the people and causes on God’s heart, including standing against evil in every form
- Fellowship: We are called to commit to the Church in both its local nurturing expression and its mobile multiplying expression.
The Foundational Values of Youth With A Mission are the expression of our basic beliefs coupled with specific directives given by God since YWAM’s beginning in 1960. They are recorded here in order to pass on to successive generations that which God has emphasized to us. These shared beliefs and values are the guiding principles for both the past and future growth of our mission. Some are common to all Christians everywhere; others are distinctive to Youth With A Mission. The combination of these beliefs and values make up the unique family characteristics of YWAM – our “DNA.” They are values we hold in high regard which determine who we are, how we live and how we make decisions.
- Know God
- Make God known
- Hear God’s Voice
- Practice Worship and Intercessory Prayer
- Be visionary
- Champion young People
- Be broad structured and decentralized
- Be international and interdenominational
- Have a biblical Worldview
- Function in Teams
- Exhibit servant Leadership
- Do first, then teach
- Be relationship oriented
- Value the individual
- Value Families
- Practice Dependance on God for Finances
- Practice Hospitality
- Communicate With Integrity
The full document you can find under: Foundational Values